support for over 50's
Support for the over 50's
Barton Hill Settlement in association with Community Navigators Bristol are dedicated to reducing isolation and loneliness among the over 50’s in Bristol. This is a free service providing short-term support to people in their home or via phone appointments.
WHAT WE DO
Our friendly, trained navigators will:
- Take time to get to know you and find out what’s important to you. They might visit you at home a few times so they can support you personally.
- Share information with you about what’s happening locally to help you get involved in things you’re interested in. This might include meeting people; rekindling old hobbies; becoming more active; volunteering; or learning something new.
- Tackle any concerns you might have about getting out and about – like safety, transport or money worries – by linking you up with other local community groups.
- Offer extra support if you feel nervous. They can come along with you when you try something for the first time.
What we don't do
- Practical assistance such as DIY, shopping or gardening
- Assist with legal or banking administration
- Offer long-term support
However if you get in touch with us we can point you in the right direction.
How to make a referral
You can refer yourself or someone else you know, either personally or professionally. To arrange you home visit or telephone appointment contact your local navigator.
volunteer with Community Navigators
By volunteering, you will make a life-changing difference to the wellbeing of local people. You’ll develop new skills, become a valued member of our vibrant Community Navigator network, and meet lots of interesting people. We’ll give you extensive support and training to help you in your role, and the hours are flexible.