Barton Hill Settlement
Task Description – BOOST Finance Support Volunteer
Monday and/or Friday mornings 9.15am – 12.45pm + additional training as identified
To support the front of house running of BOOST Finance services.
1. To support service users as they present at the service, filling in all relevant BOOST Finance registration paper work.
2. To support service users that present for each element of the service as need is identified, for example
• General IT support for those who lack confidence/don’t have access to a computer.
• IT support for those looking for work, creating a CV, job searches, career and job matching, filling in applications and understanding the application process.
• IT support for those registering on Home Choice.
• Budgeting support/financial capability support and identifying need for referring into specialist support during Friday sessions.
• Benefit checks using online resources.
• Advocacy support, telephone assistance.
• Support overseeing signposting into group provision.
• Support with group sessions (on occasion).
3. Support with follow up self evaluations with service users to help evidence the effectiveness of the service.
4. Attend and contribute to debrief sessions at the end of each session.
5. Engage with opportunities to develop learning skills by attending relevant training and shadowing specialist provision (where appropriate).
6. To publicise the service to the community in the area.
7. To ensure that BOOST Finance service users are aware of the Barton Hill Settlement Code of Conduct.
1. To work within all settlement policies and procedures, in particular with regards to the Confidentiality (Data Protection) and Information Sharing Policy and the code of Conduct Policy.
2. To engage in positive and effective communication with all visitors and colleagues on the settlement site.
3. To assist with other duties as requested that are reasonably required and commensurate with the volunteer’s BOOST Finance role.
Training and support:
This role will be managed by the BOOST Finance Coordinator. Barton Hill Settlement actively encourages volunteer development. You will have access to training and information to help you successfully carry out your volunteering role as well as Barton Hill Settlement providing a thorough induction to the project and wider organisation.
• Learn new skills and/or maintain those you have.
• Valuable work experience and reference provision after you have given a minimum of three months continuous voluntary service as detailed in the Volunteer Policy.
• The opportunity to be part of a rewarding and progressive project with the potential to be involved in developing projects in response to community need.
• Challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.